Monday, September 05, 2011

Labor Day

In the words of CCR, here comes the rain.
As I sit here listening to the remnants of Tropical Storm What's-His-Face pelt the roof, I can't help but revel in how nice it is to just chill out in jeans and a hoodie, rather than my usual weekday uniform of khaki pants and "professional" blouses fit for the classroom.
Granted, I am still "laboring" away at grades and plans. but it's nice to be able to pause and bake something like pumpkin muffins, which to me, always usher in fall weather.

I just wanted to say I'm okay. Tomorrow marks one week since I let go and accepted the end of my pregnancy. Thanks to so many great people in my life, I've done a lot of smiling and laughing this week, which has helped.
I can't begin to tell you how many opportunities I've had to share, and how many people have reached out to me to say my words and my faith has been uplifting for them. And in the process of sharing my trust in Him with others, it strengthens and grows within me and I feel peaceful.

I knew He'd use this for His glory.

So, as the rain falls and lessons get planned and papers get graded and muffins get baked and eaten today, I smile and appreciate things like comfy jeans, laughs with friends, and peace that comes from above.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh, girl. I am sorry. But love your perspective on things. You're right, He is using it for His glory. {HUGS}