Monday, August 01, 2011

The first.

While I am definitely pregnant, I’m definitely still me.
I don’t want to become someone who posts each feeling, each body change, on my Facebook, or on my blog for that matter. There are pregnancy forums and websites for that kind of thing. I don’t want to get so caught up in being pregnant that I forget my other ideas, thoughts, and musings! So, in an effort to keep my “pregnaciousness” to a minimum, I’ve made a pregnancy website/blog through the bump.com, specifically for that, just because I know not everyone wants to read about sore boobs and morning sickness!  Anyways, if you want to read all about my pregnancy, come check it out, but no hard feelings if you don’t.
Here’s the link: http://thewilsons.ourbabychannel.com/

Moving on.

August 1st. So begins my back-to-school blah! I have my roster already and plan to spend this week finalizing my room (just a few more posters to hang and decorations to fix), gathering student data, revising old lesson plans, and purchasing back-to-school supplies. I am super excited to begin this second year! I will continue to use love and respect as the cornerstones of my instruction, and I can’t wait to dive deeper into writing instruction using this book:
image

I used it last year kind of experimentally and had great results. I find that as August begins, I’m definitely blah and angsty as usual, but underneath those feeling is an even stronger amount of building excitement. I have a feeling this will be a blessed, productive, successful year! Yay!

1 comment:

Navy Wife said...

I love using writing workshop! We adopted the Lucy Calkins units of study for our writing curriculum. I am beyond excited! I actually created the portfolios for the students' writing this weekend :)

I am beyond excited for you! Congratulations again :)

-Amie