Monday, July 25, 2011

Plans (Written July 4, 2011)

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11

When I graduated high school, I think I heard this verse daily… on cards, banners, signs, even in our graduation program (one of the perks of living in the south… we still can quote the Bible and pray, for now at least). It’s always fallen into the category of Scripture I have in my head as applicable and meaningful, yet overused so much that it feels cliché. Sad, isn’t that? Right there with John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 13, and Philippians 4:13… able to be quoted by your average American CEH (Christmas, Easter, and Homecoming) church goer, yet, with all the people who know it, I dare say many fewer people actually “get” these verses. I know it wasn’t until our church did an in-depth (I mean, like, realllly in-depth. We’re talking year-long) study of the book of John, and only then did I start to gain insight on the real meaning and truth within John 3:16, and only then did the cliché sappiness of the verse start to transform into something more powerful.

Anyways, this weekend, Jeremiah 29:11 began its transformation from cliché, memorized Bible verse into God’s Holy Word, living and breathing and eructing power on my heart.

I could blog about the 4th of July holiday… about our trip to the symphany last night.. the AMAzing fireworks show they put on after the concert, running into friends from church, the scrumptious picnic we packed, but it’s all a blur. Nothing since Sunday morning can stay in focus in my head for more than a minute of so except that one verse… Jeremiah 29:11.
Well, let me back track for a moment.
Since I was 15, and I got my mind made up to live for Christ and met jake, I have heard the Lord telling me He was leading me.
Case in point: I’ve looked back on my old blog posts, just to see what God’s been doing in my life and I saw this-
On 11/11/2007, I wrote…
I know it's gonna be the same with us. God would not have lead us here if we couldn't do it. He says he will not lead down any path without helping you through it!!!
So, with this new week, and this new month , this is my goal. FAITH! To be faithful that God will guide us and help us, and to be the most faithful, helpful, loving wife for Jake and to be everything I can be for him. We'll make it I know it.

For the longest time, I have almost heard God’s whisper telling me that He was making plans for me. I think I’m getting hints about those plans and I’m so excited and scared to go along this path, but I can’t worry because I know He has walked it before me and will be my guide and leader!

No comments: