Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I can see the ocean...

...as I type this!  <--- (Note: This was actually typed on Tuesday (6/14), but I didn't realize until now that I didn't post it until just now!)
Last night, the boy and I loaded up my car and headed down to the little NC island where I have been vacationing with my family since birth. My parents have rented a house for the week, so we headed down to join them, this time with a canoe attached to the top of my car. I'll admit it felt a little ghetto-redneck fabulous, and I didn't even sleep on the way down like I usually do for fear of seeing the thing careening off the top! It was a fun adventure.
This morning, we awoke to see what the nighttime hid as we arrived last night... a GORGEOUS ocean view. Right now, I am sitting in the recliner in the living room watching my daddy and hubby finish up a game of Uno. They played as I got ready for the beautiful, exciting day ahead.  Later on, my aunt and uncle are coming down as well. In the meantime, Hubby and I are going to take the time to enjoy our third wedding anniversary.


Yep, three years ago today, I walked down the aisle, teary and full of joy, and married my sweet husband. I love loving him. He makes me so happy, and I honestly don't know where or who I'd be without him. His unconditional love, goofiness, fun-loving-ness, sweetness, and wisdom make me a better person. Happy Anniversary, honey!
6/14/11 <3

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Aw, happy anniversary! We make 3 years in November. :)

We're also at the beach! I actually told my parents before this trip that we should go to the beach in NC haha. I have friends that used to go somewhere there & it sounded beautiful & more fun than the usual Florida. But we're in Florida! It's just too far a drive for us to NC! :) We have been here since Friday, but we leave tomorrow. It's beautiful! Sounds like ya'll are having a wonderful time. :)