Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Forgive the Angst.

I have such angst in August, it's no surprise. Blogged about it before ( although this year *I* am the teacher, and not a student!) and much of it has to do with preparation. Am I prepared for this? Yes, no, maybe? You are about to be apart of something HUMUNGOUS in my life, dearest blog reader of mine. I approximately one week, my first full school year as a 7th grade English teacher will begin. I am scared, I am excited, I have this weird butterflies-that-make-me-smile-and-wanna-throw-up-at -the-same-time kind of feeling. For much of this school year, I will inevitably be treading water. Staying afloat. Surviving. Forgive me if I don't share any fabulous recipes. Forgive me if I don't share happy homemaker tips. Forgive me if I forget to call, forget a thank you note, decline an invitation, rarely visit, spend Saturday working or sleeping or tackling the mountain of laundry that will certainly reside in my house (the foundation of said mountain has already been laid this last week... is it worth trying to prevent the unavoidable?). Forgive me if my blog posts are solely about my plight as a teacher. Forgive me if my blogs become sporadic, unfocused ramblings of my stream of conscious (sort of like this one has become...) and forgive me if I seem distracted. It's be cause I am- Until June, I will eat-sleep-and-breath teaching. No worries. I won't burn out. I will set aside time for myself. I will make myself have regular doctors' visits, eat right (hopefully even better), plan movie nights with my friends, have dinner with the family, spend "quality time" (wink) with my hubby and we will make time to NOT talk about our classrooms, schools, or students and focus on us. But most importantly, I will be doing what God intended me to do. :) And I am so terrified, and yet so thrilled. ANGST.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so excited for you as you begin your career as a teacher! I know you will be great! I can't wait to read your blog posts about it. Will be praying for you! When is your first day?

Breezy Bride said...

Thanks, girl. I am already back to school but my first "official" work day is Aug. 9... my kiddos arrive Aug. 16!