Monday, July 12, 2010

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock…

It’s the sound of the clock ticking down the time left of summer. I’m slowly feeling the back-to-school feelings… Next week, my hubs and I will be jetting off to the Dominican Republic for a week of white sands and clear-blue water, a vacation from the go-go-go of summertime, and a mental health break to prepare ourselves for August… I blogged last year about August- the month of nerves. Oh how I hate the feeling of August. It’s sweltering, it’s frustrating, and it tears my nerves up not knowing what’s coming or what the next school year will be like, if I am prepared or not- that fear of the scary & unknown.  That being said, I can’t help but start the work of preparing, making my long range plan and making a sketch of the year… I’m also splitting my time between the garden, family & friends, and my newest hobby- volunteering at the local county history museum, plus I’m taking an intense online Autism class for graduate credit. Not such a break, once you add in all the summer time to-do lists I accumulate over the school year. Anyways, today I worked on my class book list. I have created an Amazon wish lists of books I want to add to my class library. My library is already fairly sizable for a beginning teacher, but no where near the size I need to service the literary needs of 75-100 students. So, I thought I’d share my list with my bloggy friends and family. I hate to beg for books or donations, but I just thought someone out there might be looking for a good deed, and what a great way- getting a kid hooked on reading! :)

Here is the link if you want to help out or are curious:

Amazon Classroom Book Wish List

Thanks!

B3C8788B5CA077D90E49AA4140471DAC

No comments: