Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Glitter in the Air

We've been back about a week from the Dominican Republic, and our vacation was fabulous. It's too much to blog in one day, I've had so much to tell, I have been typing a draft a little at a time, but in short, it was spectacular. A fully detailed blog with pics is coming, but really, I loved every minute of it! In the last few days, we've spent so much time in our respective classrooms, and now Hubby is back to summer camp for the last few weeks before school begins, and I've been working on stuff for my grad school class. (Ugh, why did I insist on being an over-achiever and take this class?!) So much to do, so much I want to do! Planning, working, decorating, thinking, and more planning! It's been so exhausting, yet exhilarating and exciting, this feeling of anticipation and excitement and nervousness. I told my principal I felt like I did the day before we got married. Well, driving home from briefly working in my sweltering classroom today (the to capture air is still not on, and with this Carolina heatwave, my goose has been cookin'!) and I was flippin' through the radio stations and heard Pink's new song, Glitter in the Air. I've always loved Pink's sound- she can be so haunting. So this song captivated me. And the lyrics! Way to capture my pre-August jitters, the back-to-school angst I feel, especially this part:

It's only half past the point of no return
The tip of the iceberg
The sun before the burn
The thunder before the lightning
The breath before the phrase
Have you ever felt this way?


In all the fear for my first "real" year teaching, I feel like I am gonna repeat this lyric a lot:

Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, "I just don't care"?

No matter how "scared" I may be, I don't care. I will overcome. I will shine, I will sparkle, and most importantly, my students will succeed. :)

1 comment:

Welcome to the Thomas's said...

you are amazing person and i think you will do ALL~SOME.....and i love reading your blogs

UR Friend
The Thomas's