Friday, July 02, 2010

EKK!

It’s JULY?! What have I done this last month?!

Well, let’s see…

* Beach
* Watched my little sister-in-law graduate from high school and hosted a pool party in her honor.
* R & R (highly needed, too)
* Cleaned, pittled in the kitchen (put up tons of squash, blackberries, peaches, apples, and pickles! And I mastered the art of meringue & key lime pie!)
* Camping!
* Rearranged and organized my office
* Got my contract! Read: I am OFFICALLY sign, sealed, and delivered as a 7th grade ELA teacher. 
Now why do I feel like I “blew this month away” doing nothing? Probably because I have 9 units of work to do for my online Autism class that most teachers are taking for certificate renewal credit, which obviously means it doesn’t make a hill of beans of a difference for me, but I am taking it to be an overachiever and because I  thrive on stress… not to mention that I am dazed and confused as to where to begin planning for this next year. So between the 4th and the day we leave for the Dominican Republic for our weeklong vacation later this month, I will be utilizing July to make myself feel productive. :) Or so, I’m telling myself this. Baha…

No comments: