Monday, March 15, 2010

Marching forward :)

As March is now half way over, I have to share the happiness this first month has brought.

First, my BIRTHDAY! 

IMG_0904

My birthday was Friday, March 5 which just so happened to be “Bring Your Teacher to School Day” which was not such a great present- imagine having to teach 4 classes of hormonal, rambunctious 8th graders all while their parents stand at the back of the room watching each and every thing you do and say… STRESSFUL! Luckily, my mentor & I planned to have presentations that day so the pressure was on the students to do their projects well and less on us. It turned out nicely- and then that evening Jake took me to see the Cinderella Ballet in the city. :) IMG_0921

It was so fun! What was so funny was that we had planned to go get dinner before the show, but traffic getting to the restaurant was so bad, by the time we got there, we had to leave to go uptown! So, we parked to car and hoped on the light rail rather than having to drive and find parking and literally ran through Fuel Pizza and grabbed a slice.

IMG_0926

We ate our pizza running (again, literally) through the city to the theater and made it just in time to get a drink and get our seats.

And Cinderella was AWESOME! I was like a star-struck little girl! :) What was also cool was that the play was created and choreographed by the father of a former coworker.

image

(photo from the play bill)

Then, my mom and I spent Saturday shopping together and then the whole family got together to go out to eat at my favorite Asian restaurant & sushi bar. My mother in law made strawberry pudding and my mom made strawberry cupcakes for dessert- it was so great and a perfect day!

Turning 22 was definitely fun- a fabulous birthday!

Since my birthday, the remodeling project has gotten started. The house is a wreck and takes up each moment of my spare time. I need so much time! Time to finish this IWS for school, time to finish this kitchen remodeling (and to blog the whole process-so far we have painted and moved the cabinets and ordered the new countertops- no worries, I have pictures to document the process- but that blog will have to wait for another day!) and I need time to work in my garden! My tulips are starting to come up!

More to come! :)

B3C8788B5CA077D90E49AA4140471DAC

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooh, i looove tulips!

I can't believe we're 10 whole years apart! HAHA. I feel old! Kidding. But i turned 32 on March 2! Happy birthday to us!!!

I would have LOVED the Cinderella ballet!

Krystal said...

Have you seen Swan Lake ballet??? IT IS A MUST!!!!! My favorite of all time!