Saturday, January 16, 2010

Monkeying around with Monkey Bread

Well, my internship is now underway, and while for a moment I thought it was not going so well, it seems to be okay now. I like my mentor teacher and principal. This experience is just so different than what I was expecting. I actually talked to my supervisor about the situation and we pretty much came to the conclusion that the experience is gonna be growing experience, not just for my teaching itself, but for how I handle working with people, students, and scenarios who are so different that I am used to. So I am fairly optimistic that this will indeed be a good semester.

Yesterday, we had a teacher workday.

Teacher workdays can be fantastic and terrible. You can spend all your time working and get way ahead, or that teacher who won’t shut up won’t go away and you spend all the time chit chatting. Just monkeying around. And of course, you can’t be rude and just ask them to skedaddle. I’ve learned that getting to school really early helps with this. And, just shutting your door.

Workdays can also be good for your taste buds! But baaaaad for your waist line! LOL. One of the teachers made this for breakfast the morning of our workday, and it was so delicious. I’ve always loved Monkey Bread, but hers was probably the best I’ve had. And she was nice enough to share her recipe. :)

Thankfully, we got down to business eventually and actually had a very productive work day. I am so glad my mentor is willing to look ahead and stay on top of this stuff for school- and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel already. Well, kind of! Hurry up. May 8! Haha!

Anyway, Here’s the Recipe:

Mrs. P’s Monkey Bread

4 cans biscuits, each biscuit cut into 1/4s

Brown sugar & cinnamon mixed together & coat  biscuits well

butter the Bundt pan, put the coated biscuits in the pan

1/2 cup melted butter- pour over

Put extra brown sugar/cinnamon on top

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes

Yum!

No comments: