Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy!

Aw, my dear friend Melissa at Little Mrs. Married gave me an award! Why, I don't know since I have been doing so bad at updating! LOL. It's a happy blog award! As a recipient, I am supposed to list 10 things that make me happy & then pass this award along to 5 blogs that make me happy. Being that I am so incredibly blessed, this list won't be hard at all.
1. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
With all the Holiday Hooplah (see last post!) and having to clean and cook and shop and having company over, we missed a couple of weeks of church and it really dawned on me that part of my difficulty with this holiday season in particular is that I have been inundating myself with the secular side of Christmas and not really surrounding myself the most important religious aspect of Christmas. Sure, I love Rodolph and Frosty and magic of Santa, but they are nothing compared to the magic of the birth of Christ. There was something about singing "O Holy Night" as a congregational this past Sunday, surrounded by all the lights and poinsettias (our church is breathtaking at Christmas... just sayin') and looking around at the faces of our church family and seeing Christmas carols of songs of real WORSHIP and not just holiday songs we sing out of habit kind of blew me away. It dawned on me that CHRIST was what was missing in my Christmas spirit and I felt so overwhelmed. It was definitely one of those moments when you feel Christ's hand on you, and I can definitely say it was moment of pure happinness. :)
2. My grades this semester!
I made 3 As, 2 Ss (S means Satisfactory- I had two courses listed as S/U as in satisfactory or unsatisfactory; basically pass or fail, and one B+ and I made the Dean's List again! :)
I don't have to tell you how HARD this semester was and how happy this makes me!
3. Family Togetherness!
I recently hosted one of the family get-togethers for the holidays and had 32 family members packed into my house. Yes, 32. Only my cousin's wife (who was working) and his son (who is in the Army and wasn't yet home for Christmas) were not there. Now, it was a tight squeeze because our house isn't that big- it's just a 3BR average brick home- but seeing everyone gathering in my kitchen, filling up my living room, and all together for the holidays made me so happy.
4. Traditions
Jake and I have this tradition of drinking a glass of Duplin (a NC winery, my favorite) Christmas Eve wine and eating a slice of Southern Supreme fruit cake before going to bed on Christmas Eve. I love things like that!
5. Goodwill- I love being thrifty. :)
6. Cookbooks
I read them like novels, cover to cover. They make me smile.
7. Bust-a-gut laughter!
Nothing feels quite as good as laughing until you can't breathe.
8. My camera.
My Canon Rebel makes me happy because nothing makes me more UNHAPPY than crappy pictures! And my Canon take good ones!
9. New bedding
Soft pillows, pretty patterns, the smell of Gain or Downey or Snuggle?
Need I say more?
10. Winter snow!
Snow balls, snow men, and best of all, SNOW CREAM!!! I AM SO READY!

Thanks, Melissa!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now, I am passing this on to-
Charlotte, Krystal, Brooke, Amie, and Jessica! :)

1 comment:

Krystal said...

OH MY THANKS SO MUCH!!!!! December just completely escaped me, and I apologize for the lack of blogging, but I'm honored that you passed it along to me :)