Sunday, August 09, 2009

Faith

A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
He taketh my burden away;
He holdeth me up, and I shall not be moved,
He giveth me strength as my day.
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life with the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand...


I'll never understand why some people look at Christianity as a religion of rules- suffocating and lists of things you can't do.

It's nothing like that. It's the most purest, complete freedom one can ever, ever find.

It's freedom from your every mistake, every problem. Everything I've ever done wrong, every selfish thought or hurtful word I've spoken, gone.

It's complete CANS instead of CANNOTS. I can face any problem- just like the song "Because He Lives" - I can face tomorrow. I can go through anything. I can rest knowing that I am loved beyond compare, forgiven, and protected & empowered. I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me. He saves me and protects me.

I know that He lives in me, I feel Him in my heart, at my very core. This is the essence of faith, and the most precious thing I have.

1 comment:

Melissa Venable said...

SO TRUE! :)