Thursday, July 02, 2009

This sucks.

Kidney stones suck.

If you've never had one, I pray that you never do.

I think I've had about 14, counting this one. I started getting those tell-tell twinges of pain in my side a few weeks ago, and last night they got so hard and frequent, I raided my medicine cabinet for pain pills I got during my last episode with a devilish stone. I went to bed and slept like I was out cold. This morning, the aches are dull, constant, and I feel nauseous. I've been through this dozens of times, so there's no use going to the hospital or the doctor. I just gotta drink water and get through it on my own.

Not to mention the fact that the one time I had to have surgery to remove one, the surgery and the effects of the antibiotics was wore than the stone. I had a stent put in, and waddled and wore Poise pads for a week since I had no control of my bladder and the medicine made me throw up every time I moved. I was dehydrated and felt like I had "heartburn of the vagina" or so I supposedly told my nurse as I was in the hospital. Yep, no desire to experience that again.

This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to cook and clean for company Friday evening, have 4th of July plans with the family on Saturday, and 5- count them 1, 2, 3, 4, FIVE research papers due on TUESDAY! I still haven't started on one and have to do the research for 2 of them. Ugh. Plus, another 1/2 a bushel of beans to break & can and photos to upload for class. OH, I just remembered my library books are a day late, too. :(

Plus, Daddy's surgery to remove his tumor is Monday.

Kidney stones are little demons. They purposefully come and attack you at the most inconvenient times.

2 comments:

Melissa Venable said...

oh, no! this is horrible! i'm so sorry, i will pray for you & hope the kidney stones go away asap!!

Breezy Bride said...

Thanks so much! I can't wait for this pain to be gone!