Monday, June 01, 2009

Weekend Recap... & Twilight!

I've had quite a great weekend. Friday after J got home from school, we went over to the mountain to Karyae Park for a summer camp kick-off get-together for the YMCA staff and their families. This year, instead of being a head counselor like he usually does, J is running Karyae, a park where all the Y camps go in the summer for team building and outdoor activities. It's ridiculously close to home, so I'm very glad he's working there this summer. Lots of folks tried out the alpine tower and the ropes course & swing. I, of course, am a total chicken and was completely content to snap pictures and hangout with the mosquitoes. I got over 20 mosquito bites and afterward had to take 2 Benadryl and call it a night. Still, it was a lot of fun. I drove to Sparkle City (well, almost) on Saturday to meet up with a friend from school to go to a wedding of another friend from school. It was such a cute wedding. It was outdoors, and you couldn't help but giggle when they said their vows, they were so cute. I love weddings. It was great time, but I left a little early to get back home so J and I could go to his cousin's wife's birthday get-together, where we had an absolute blast. I played twister in a sundress and swam in one of the birthday girl's tiny little bathing suits, since I forgot mine. Needless to say, the t-shirt I borrowed didn't come off. The pictures from that night are not exactly flattering, so um, yeah. Not sharing them, LOL. It was late and we were all family anyways, so I had a lot of laughs. Surprisingly, I was able to get my exhausted butt out of bed on Sunday and we made it to church, where Mrs. Kay, the lady I set beside every Sunday, told me her sister is eat up in cancer. It bothered me to see her so upset so I've committed it to memory to pray for her and her sister constantly. After church, we had lunch with my parents at a local Italian joint, & came back to our house so Daddy & J could install my new ceiling fan out back, while Mama & I chilled out in the pool. They got it finished and swam with us.
As promised, here are some pictures of the finished patio:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

It was such a beautiful day too! After they left, my sister in law Jessi came by and hopped in the pool too. After we all swam for a while, my mother in law joined us and brought some take-out from the Chinese joint down the street (it's the best Chinese food, evvvvver!) and we ate and cleaned up the pool. It was a perfect Sunday. :) A perfect weekend really!
Today, Daddy & J are going to fix the cracked cement out around the pool, so I'm making everyone dinner. :) I've not decided what to make yet, mostly because I'm being lazy and I keep watching the new Twilight trailer over and over and over, because I'm addicted to Twilight... may I just point out that when Jacob runs and turns into a werewolf, I get a little heart palpitation? LOL. Here's the video if you wanna see it, and oh boy, you know you do! THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON trailer in HD


At some point today I seriously need to get showered and dressed and start on the mound of weekend laundry- since I surely didn't do a dang thing productive all weekend, I just had fun with good people. Not that I'm complaining, lol! Here are a few more pictures from the weekend. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


Oh, and P.S. - Brooke blogged about an AMAZING recipe website that's called Supercook.com and it's absolutely. And Danielle, it's perfect for those "cream of cabinet" nights! Brooke, I'm forever in debt to you for introducing me to this site.
Also, I want to apologize for all the layout changing lately. I'm experimenting with PSP, and well, you all know how I am about any layout- I change them like I change clothes. :)

Love to everyone!

No comments: