Thursday, May 07, 2009

Thunderstorms, Cheesecakes, & Bliss

So yesterday, the weather was crazy. Thunderstorms & tornado warnings, pitch black clouds, but tons of sunshine peeking through... I got home from my little overnight trip to RH to see some friends before they all head home for the summer, just as the thunder clouds started rolling in. I have a kitchen full of groceries and no excuse to not wanna cook, but I didn't want to dirty up the clean kitchen, so Jake & I decided to take Bella to the dog wash up the street and then go get some dinner to go. Now, being that our Bella is inside constantly, and she has very short hair, she doesn't need a bath frequently, but every spring, she looses her winter coat and HAS to be bathed. So in the middle of a potential tornado, we load up the truck and take her to the dog wash, bathe & pamper her, put her up between us in the truck & head to KFC. You know those KFC commercials for the Kentucky Grilled Chicken? Well, there's some effective advertising, because we sure as heck wanted some! But we get to KFC and there was a HUGE line... and a TWO HOUR WAIT for chicken. People were waiting 2 hours for chicken in tornado weather?! I was in shock. So we drove to the next town! HAHA! Really! And it turned out fabulous. We got home right as the weather moved out, devoured the chicken, and went to bed with our squeaky clean puppy. It was a great night.
Today, I went to a new yoga class. It was at the Y hubby & I work at during the summer. It wasn't very intense, but fun and refreshing. I'm definitely going back. I miss yoga bad, and I could feel my body did, too.

A few posts ago, I mentioned a little party we had at school & I baked these mini-cheesecakes. They were really good, and everyone seemed to like them. Well, I put the receipe below. I tried dividing the recipe into a third, and making an actual cheesecake tonight (topped with chocolate & caramel) and it was delicious, however it took FOREVER to firm up in the middle, & I'm not sold on eating them until the next day, simply because they are SOOOO much more amazing really cold. If you make them the night before, they next day you'll wanna eat every little one!

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups graham cracker or chocolate wafer crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press equal portions onto bottoms of 24 lightly greased* or paper-lined muffin cups.
In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Spoon equal amounts of mixture (about 3 tablespoons) into prepared cups.
Bake 20 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched. Cool. Chill. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.

Garnish with fresh fruits, candies, whipped toppings or chocolate curls.
Variation - Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
Add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted, to batter; mix well. Proceed as above. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
_____________________________

I have to say, being done with school has made me absolutely wonderful! I love free time to do what I want! The house has been pretty clean (thanks to my all nighter a couple of days ago!) and I've been busy doing things that make me happy! The only thing that's gonna make it any better- the end of the school for Hubby! :) And for his kids to make FABULOUS scores on the EOG tests!!! <3
Yep... life like this is BLISS!

No comments: