Friday, May 15, 2009

Sharing

I've been paroosing (...is that a word?) around some of my favorite sites and decided it was high-time I share.
Here are some of my favorite sites to visit.
- The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I love this site. Ree, a former city slicker and self-proclaimed L.A. Girl, fell in love with a rugged cowboy and marries him, trading her "black heels for tractor wheels." Her site has tons of cool pictures *and tutorials!, recipes, ideas, and she's slowly but surely writing down the her own love story from the beginning. She's inspired me to write my own love story, or at least a nice long synopsis of the past 6 years... her website is www.thepioneerwoman.com and I definitely think you should check it out.
- Another website I absolutely love is kevinandamanda.com. Amanda Bottoms is my hero. This lady has chronicled her craft and photography and cooking endeavors for all to use (she's reallllly good too!) and best of all, she turns your handwriting into super-cute fonts and offers soo many for free to download. I used her fonts to make my current blog header. (I also used a free scrap-pack from another site for the background...) Amanda has AMAZING ideas and tutorials. I'd like to see my own blog become useful to others like hers is to me. Hence why I am determined to start sharing more recipes!!
- I love changing layouts. I rearrange my myspace, facebook, and my blog religiously. It's like changing clothes! LOL. Anyways, two websites that make my blog cute are The Cutest Blog on the Block and Aqua Poppy. They both have FANTASTIC layouts and I use them all the time! <3

So there are a couple of sites I think you should check out.

Now, for a few more things to share.

I've been recipe testing lately, and I have two to share.
One is Mediterranean Pie. The premise for this came from Family Circle magazine (my aunt saves them for me after she reads them & I love her for it!!) and I changed it around to suit me.
Here it is:
1 pound of ground turkey or chicken (I used the turkey because I find it's cheaper!)
1 family size bag of frozen spinach
1 clove of garlic, finely minced (optional)
1 small onion (I used green onions from the garden.)
2 eggs
1 container of feta cheese.
1 1/2 cups of Pepperidge Farm bread crumbs
Spices to taste including coarse salt & black pepper, parsley, paprika, red pepper, thyme, and a dash of clove and nutmeg.
1 package Phillo dough
Brown up your turkey and onion & garlic. Add in the large bag of spinach until everything is cooked well and tender.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the meat & spinach mixture with 2 eggs, well beaten, spices, and bread crumbs and cheese. In a greased casserole dish, layer about 7 sheets of phillo dough and cover with the turkey & spinach & bread crumbs mixture. Layer about 7 more sheets of phillo dough and tuck the ends in to cover the top well. Spray the top with a little Pam and sprinkle a little spice on top to garnish, then bake on 350 for about 45 minutes. It was all I could do to keep hubby from eating the whole thing!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My daddy came over and I gave him a bite or two of the leftovers. He loved it so much he took the recipe to get my mama to make it!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have to cut this post short because my daddy is on his way over now. We are having a much needed father/daughter date tonight. We're going to our favorite sushi restaurant and to see a movie. I'll probably indulge him and watch they new Star Trek movie. LOL. Besides, I've already seen all the chick flicks playing! HAHA!
Anyways, in my next post I'm gonna be sharing about my garden and what I did over the weekend (including pictures!) and my other recipe... my take on a cake recipe I found in a cookbook at the beach house down on Pawleys Island! <3

No comments: