Friday, March 13, 2009

Improvement

If this was Wednesday, I'd call this WORDLE WEDNESDAY... but it's Friday, sooo oh well. Anyways, Wordle.net is an awesome website that lets you type in words and it puts them in a pretty image like this. It works great for a visual for brainstorming (I plan to use this with my students for brainstorming writing ideas! We could write words that make us think of Spring and then pick a font, layout and color scheme that reflect those feelings of Spring- and use it to jump start Spring poems! FUN!) Anyway, I did one about with all the names for Jesus Christ, but I can't get the thing to show up when I posted the code here... Ugh, oh well.
Speaking of Jesus, I really need to get better about really talking to Him. I guess this semester has been so UNstressful, I haven't been dealing with anything... and this is not a good thing! I know I need to be on my knees in good times and bad, I need to be thanking Him for giving me the feeling of peace, and it's wrong for me to come to Him just when things get sticky... I've been doing Him wrong, and I'm going to work to change that. I had not planned this blog to start off with confessional, but I guess it just sorta turned into that. But that's okay, because that's why I love blogging, I just start typing and it all comes out of me! :)

I'm struggling to type write now, because of my darling doggie is sitting on my right arm... she won't move. And I just fed her, so she's got these awful doggie-breath burps, it's hilarious. Anyways, I am sooo very happy right now, because it's Spring Break! Well, not for Hubby, but for me. :) I'm basically just laying around the house. I probably should be busy cleaning or getting ahead with school, but I've got time for that later. I want to spend this weekend just chilling out with Hubby & Puppy and relaxing (she just crawled up onto my lap, booting my computer off, and commendered my hands to pet her!!! I love this ridiculous dog!) Okay, anyways... this weekend should be great, just enjoying the break. Then on Sunday, I'm driving down to the beach to spend some time with my best friend, Whitney, and her family. I do this every Spring Break... I love it! I'm gonna be there until Wednesday so I can come home and spend Thursday and Friday Spring cleaning and getting ready for the week. Then that weekend will be my Daddy's birthday, so I'm sure we'll all be going out for his day, and I'll have to go shopping. I think I've got a nice week ahead! I just wish that warm, beautiful Spring weather would come back... it's all cool and misty and cloudy today :( and on top of that, I got a new bathing suit I'm dying to wear. I ordered it online from Victoria Secret... ballsy, I know! No dressing room, no nothing. I had no clue if it would fit, if it was cut too scantly, or if I'd even like it. This is what it looked like, but I ordered it in the Jade color.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
It came in the mail yesterday, and when I got home from school I tried it on, and BAM! It fit PERFECTLY. Like a glove. And it wasn't too revealing! The color in person is much more greener than I anticipated, and the package called it JUNGLEGREEN instead of JADE, so who knows, but I like it anyways, because it's a slimming color, but yet it's still bright and shows off my tan that I've been working so very hard on!
I think the reason I felt so comfortable in the bathing suit is related to the fact that we've been doing Power Yoga here lately and I'm loving it. It makes my arms and legs hurt, but I sweat so much, I feel accomplished at the end. I did 3 miles of cardio yesterday because that's all I had time for, but it was better than nothing. And I did 60 crunches, which I can definitely feel today. Tony, my personal trainer, has got me liking crunches now. I can't believe it, but I do. I like feeling sore. I like the fact that he taught me to do them in sets, so I can rest in between. I can do more now than ever because of that. What's frustrating is that I am not loosing any weight, in fact, I've gained some. That wouldn't be so bad if I could tell a difference in my jeans, but they are still tight... :( So I just don't get it. I'm excersising 3 times a week for about 2 hours, strength training (weights & yoga) with cardio, and thanks to my nutrition class, I KNOW that my diet is low fat, healthy, and balanced... What else can I do?! I mean, I don't hate my body or how I look, and I'm not trying to do this overnight, I just think a little shaping up would be nice, and I don't understand why I'm not seeing any results... FRUSTRATING. But, I'm not giving up yet. This brings me full circle back to the beginning of this blog. I need to pray about this! Why I'm frustrated, what more I should be doing, where to go from here... I know it will make things better. I mean, if I trust Him to guide me, why shouldn't I include Him in my weightloss efforts, right?
When I go back to school after break, I've got to register for classes for the fall... my LAST semester of classes... just 5 classes and an internship away from graduation!!! YAY! The thing is, my fall semester is gonna be INTENSE. I keep staring at my schedule for the fall and worrying! I've gotten spoiled by an easy load this spring, I'm gonna struggle, I feel it coming. But, that's one more thing I'm gonna turn over to Him... one more thing, I need to include Him in.

I love that I started this blog with the intention of talking about Spring Break, school, and the Wordle website, and it totally changed directions without me even thinking about it.

No comments: