Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why can't I think of a title for a simple list?

I've seen other people doing this on their blogs and have been wanting to do it for quite a while, and now, since I SHOULD be working on the online module due for my class or my cursed lesson plan, doing this right now is a perfect way to procrastinate, which by the way, I thought about giving up for lint, but then I realized it was as stupid idea! LOL. So anyways, I'm going to post a list of my absolute favorite things, just things that I love. Some people put restraints on this, keeping everything starting with the same letter, like bowling, blueberries, and beauty products... I, however, am not that creative and will be using the entire alphabet. :)

1. I was going to put my husband here, but I figured that was a no-brainer. I want this make you say, "really? oh wow, me too!" so he just be left off the list, haha.

Mom & Pop restaurants and diners.
I love going to a restaurant that small, packed, and full of interesting people & delicious food. Like, IHOP last night. It was full of people coming for the free pancakes, and I just loved the atmosphere. I love restaurants in general, and I used to think I would have LOVED to be a manager, but after working in too many of them & having bad experiences, Jake said enough is enough. Deep down, part of me wants to open my own one day, a place where no one needs a menu, where old men sit and tell lies over coffee and sandwiches, and where dad's bring their kids for a bite to eat after school. And I would be there everyday, wearing an apron, and running around like a chicken with my head cut off. :)


2. Thrift Stores.
I LOVE shopping at Goodwill, the Salvation Army, and consignment shops. I love the hunt! It's like digging for treasure! Everytime I go, I find name brand stuff, labels & tags still on, for dirt-cheap. I probably wear something I got at a thrift store every single day.


3. Lemon Drop Martinis.
I've recently learned how to make them, and the sugary, lemony drink is to die for. It's so pretty in a sugar-rimmed glass, it makes you feel good and special just looking at it. Not to mention it's as delicous as a slice of lemon pie, only it's sippable!


4. White 1-inch Binders.
Seriously, what's not to love? You make a binder to hold about anything, organizing everything from standards & lesson plan ideas, to recipes, magazine articles, etc! I have several that I have great ideas of things to fill them with, but unfortunately, I'm bad at actually printing things off and following through with any of my brilliant plans.


5. Quilts.
I love old, soft, handmade quilts. My mother-in-law makes quilts, and it would mean so much to me if she would make us one, or maybe one for our (future) child. It would be so wonderful, but oh well... maybe one day I'll get the nerve to just ask for one.


6. Potted Plants, Gardens, Windchims, and Garden Decorations.
Basically, the entire garden/outdoor section of Lowes. I want everything on those aisles. I want the patio furniture, the chiminea, the fence to replace the one around our pool, those big, beautiful clay pots in all those bright colors, full of tulips, and rose bushes climbing high up terraces and bursting into bloom! :) I have a feeling that Jake and I will be doing a lot of gardening together. I particularly want to get the "Yard of the Week" award that our hometown gives out every spring/summer.


7. Victoria Secret's Very Sexy in the red bottle.
I wear it everyday. Including my wedding day. I originally wanted to wear something unique and special, but my mom's nose is finicky. Like, to her, some perfumes have a chemical smell to them and it grosses her out. And I have no clue why they smell like that to her. But, I didn't want to stink to my mom on my wedding day, and she loves Very Sexy so much she wears it herself, so I thought it would be perfect to wear something that was truly "me" and loved by everyone on the big day. I also love the new purple bottle kind, Dare. I want some. Hint, Hint.


8. Desperate Housewives.
I am utterly addicted to this show. I am not a TV person, and have never had a show that I MUST see... with the exception of one summer in high school when I got so addicted to NBC's soap, Passions, that it was borderline unhealthy... but, other than that, I've never been in love with a show. But, Desperate Housewives has me in its clutches... it's so great! I adore Gabrielle and Bree. I see a good bit of myself in those two. Between the drama & mystery, and the underlying theme of what a wive feels and faces, it's just the perfect show.


9. Rich, Homemade, Buttercream Icing.
That Fondant stuff is like wax. Yuck.


10. Sam's Club.
I don't know why I love this store so much.. maybe it's because it's an all-in-one, one stop shop. I can get groceries, a new outfit, nice jewelry, furniture and appliances, CDs & DVDs, photo's printed, etc. I know, you're thinking "what's the difference from Wal*mart?" Well, for one, Sam's is much more classier. The stuff is nicer, fresher, prettier, and the atmosphere is much more my taste. More people their with a purpose, less wondering aimlessly, and generally, less people letting their kids go wild. Plus, those sundaes with the berries that the snack counter sells for a dollar are beyond amazing.

I'm stopping at 10 things today, because I seriously need to get to work. I'm starting to feel guitly, lol. Once the rush of procrastination wears off and guilt starts creeping in, you know it's time to get busy. And, that's what I am going to do. Right after lunch.

No comments: