Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Bread.

Found this recipe online. Tried it and loved it! Thought I'd share it!!!

1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. water
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)


Preheat your oven to 350. Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, & baking soda. In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs, water, & spices. Pour into the bowl w/ dry ingredients & mix just until all are combined - don't stir too much! Stir in the nuts, if you're using them (I like it better w/o the nuts). Pour into a well-buttered 9x5x3-in. loaf pan, bake 50-60 minutes until done in the middle. Remove from pan, cool on a rack.
Keep wrapped in the refrigerator. Really good w/ cream cheese, or chopped walnuts in cream cheese.


I baked it for about 30 minutes in a muffin pan and sprinkled walnuts on top right before I put them in the oven. I will say I think next time I'm putting a tad bit more sugar (Splenda at our house...) than it calls for, but wow, it made some delicious pumpkin muffins that were killer with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. And looked like something you'd find for 3 bucks a piece at Starbucks. And probably loads better for you, too.

Ps... I did wonderfully on my World Lit exam!! :)

No comments: